How to share dongle
Sharing device with dongle
（1） There are more USB over network and USB server in the market, which can be bought by major e-commerce companies. They can achieve the following functions: you can run the server on a machine with USB dongle, and then you can have n clients. After connecting, you can use the server's dongle on the client.
（2） Without destroying the dongle data, you can't copy the dongle. It's just a port sharing technology. Which product is good?
1. From the perspective of ease of use, there is little difference between the two products, both of which need to set up the server and install the corresponding client;
2. In terms of product types, USB over network is pure software, and USB server is a combination of hardware and software;
3. Considering the cost of resources, in the use of USB over network, we should build a server as the server of USB over network, which can provide power 24 hours a day; USB server provides a small box of USB server. As a server, the power supply of the device is 12V. It is not difficult to see that the cost of USB server is more economical. In addition to the consideration of power consumption, USB server saves the cost of a server;
4. From the stability point of view, I prefer the USB server, which is powered by each USB port separately, and there will be no shortage of power supply. USB over network is powered by the main board of the server, which is limited by the main board. For example, when multiple high-power USB devices are used at the same time, the current is unstable and easy to cause hardware damage;
5. Considering the compatibility of products with USB, we choose USB over network. Although USB server has good compatibility with USB dongle, USB over network has stronger compatibility with USB disk;
6. According to the price, USB over network is charged according to the number of USB ports. One dongle is US $149, two dongles are US $229, four USB dongles are US $329, and eight USB dongles are US $599. The single authorization here refers to the cost of using a computer client. The smallest product of USB server is seven USB ports at the same time, with unlimited authorization and price of 2680 RMB; From the perspective of user economy and cash expenditure analysis, if one dongle needs to be shared, if two computers are shared, then 149 * 6.3 (US dollar and RMB ratio) * two = 1877.4 RMB, and three = 2816.1 RMB. Therefore, if one dongle is less than three shares, USB over network can be considered, If there are more than 2 users sharing, USB server is recommended.